The modern trend in security software is universal multicomponent software assemblies with completely different functionality. Let`s consider the possibilities of VPN components as part of antiviruses.
VPN as part of antivirus software
The main pain of every user in the conditions of constant Internet surfing is the problem of protection of the computer from viruses, trojans, banners-extortionists, pop-ups. How to protect your computer from viruses? Every experienced user knows that you need a quality firewall – a program to ensure the security of incoming/outgoing traffic and an antivirus – a program to find malware.
The main components of modern antiviruses include:
- The resident protection module (monitor) is the main component located in the computer’s RAM and scans all files in real-time.
- The scanner module is responsible for scanning the computer for “viruses” on a schedule or at the user’s request.
- The change detection module (auditor) remembers the characteristics of all areas of the disk that may be attacked, and then periodically checks them for changes.
- The quarantine module is responsible for placing suspicious files in a special place where they cannot perform any actions and are monitored by the antivirus.
- Antivirus self-defense module – protects the antivirus from third-party interference from various software tools.
- The update module is responsible for the correct updating of the anti-virus and anti-virus databases.
Besides, there are many programs on the software market that implement VPN technology in the Windows environment. Usually, this is a narrow-profile software that provides only and only VPN connection to the Internet. But VPN can also be included in multicomponent software products, such as, for example, the assemblies of software for protecting PCs that we are considering in this article. Where the dominant component is antivirus, and everything else is the tools that come with it.
Top 5 Best Antiviruses with VPN Included
There are the following options:
The Bitdefender security app has almost flawless protection against malware, very little impact on performance, integration with the Android Wear watch, VPN client, and malicious website blocker. An excellent phishing protection module notifies you of malicious links in search results and blocks access to dangerous sites. The built-in VPN client gives you only 200 MB of free data – that’s enough to check your email while traveling.
- Avira Antivirus
Based on the Avira antivirus, the Avira Free Security Suite includes a VPN utility Phantom VPN that functions separately from the system tray. The main page of the Avira Free Security Suite is the launch environment for the components included in the assembly, where you can open Phantom VPN or even start a VPN connection immediately.
- Norton 360
Norton Security is a small antivirus system that includes antivirus protection, firewall, web protection, password manager, anti-theft feature, protection of online payments, and more. Norton 360 VPN protects your computer’s Internet connection and encrypts all transmitted information, making it inaccessible.
Cloud-based free antivirus Panda Free Antivirus protects your computer from viruses with minimal impact on the system. Panda VPN (free version) gives you only 150 MB per day. If you exceed this value, your free VPN will automatically disconnect after an update request. It boasts 20 locations on its homepage, but it automatically assigns a server.
- Kaspersky Internet Security
As part of Kaspersky Internet Security, a paid build of security software based on Kaspersky Anti-Virus, the VPN component is included with the separately launched Kaspersky Security Connection utility. And it will function regardless of the status of the Kaspersky Internet Security license.